Be Cared for,
Feel at Home
Supported Independent Living (SIL)
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is a type of NDIS funding designed to help people with disabilities live as independently as possible. SIL is typically for individuals who require 24/7 support while living in a shared home with other NDIS participants.
Here are some key things to know about SIL:
- SIL is a paid support that provides help and supervision with daily tasks, such as personal care and meal preparation, as well as support outside the home, like going to appointments or catching the bus.
- SIL supports are typically delivered in the home where you live with other NDIS participants.
- SIL can be delivered 24 hours a day and may include overnight support.
- SIL funding is for person-to-person support and does not cover other expenses like groceries, bills, rent, or accommodation costs.
Legacy Care Solutions offers different types of accommodation, including:
- Short-term (STA)
Our properties provide our customers with a comfortable and secure home. In addition to accommodation, we also offer support with day-to-day tasks such as:
- Cleaning and laundry
- Nutrition and cooking
- Personal care, such as showering and dressing
- Going to appointments
- Taking medication
- Taking up a hobby
- Learning to catch public transport.
We strive to empower our customers to live as independently as possible while also providing a safe and supportive environment. Our experienced and caring staff are trained to assist with a range of needs, and we tailor our services to meet the unique needs of each individual.